Judge Andrew Napolitano is back from his forced, unexpected hiatus from Fox News, and he’s not changing his tune about claims Obama used British Intel to spy on President Trump.
Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano returned to the cable network Wednesday after being taken off the air several days ago following his bombshell allegation that former President Barack Obama used British intelligence to spy on then-President-elect Donald Trump.
And Napolitano is standing by his claim for which he has yet to provide any evidence, despite the fact that the British government swiftly denied the claim that Obama utilized the United Kingdom’s British intel service, GCHQ, to spy on Trump.
Earlier this month, the Fox analyst said that three unnamed “intelligence sources” told him that the former president went “outside the chain of command” to ensure there would be no record of his spying on Trump.
Asked Wednesday if he still stands by his previous statement, Napolitano said, “Yes, I do, and the sources stand by it. And the American public needs to know more about this rather than less.”
“A lot of the government surveillance authority will expire in the fall,” he continued, “and there will be a great debate about how much authority we want the government to have to surveil us, and the more the American public knows about this, the more informed their and the Congress’ decision will be.